Allen Hayrapetian Scholarship Fund (AHSF)
The scholarship was established on November 5th, 2006 in memory of our beloved brother, Dr. Allen Hayrapetian DVM (September 23, 1980 – October 28, 2006).
About Dr. Allen Hayrapetian DVM
Dr. Allen Hayrapetian was a man of endless curiosity and achievement, striving to realize his dreams of being a veterinarian and living an active lifestyle surrounded by nature and friends/family which loved him. Allen grew up in Glendale, CA where he established a strong tie to the Armenian community and was an active participant in local activities. In high school, he was a varsity water polo player and swimmer, a summer camp counselor, Armenian scout, medical explorer, YMCA lifeguard and was involved in countless other activities from tennis to gymnastics to volunteer work. Allen had a strong passion for the outdoors and was particularly interested in working with animals. His passion led him to pursue a career as a veterinarian where he would be surrounded by the type of work he loved.
Allen was a dedicated AEO brother who joined as part of the Alpha Pledge Class of the Beta Chapter at UCLA. Allen help several leadership positions, including chapter president. Allen also helped to establish of the first Armenian Sorority, Alpha Omega Alpha (later renamed Alpha Gamma Alpha) at UCLA.
During his years at UCLA, he excelled in his studies while developing a very active social life. He also had a thirst for adventure and spent his summers abroad in exciting locations such as Costa Rica, Armenia and South Africa where he volunteered on various projects. Allen graduated from UCLA in 2003 with a bachelor’s degree in Biology.
Upon graduation, Allen commenced his postgraduate studies at UC Davis where he was enrolled in the Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine program. He was an excellent student and genuinely loved what he studied. Allen was in his final year of graduate studies when his life tragically ended in a fatal motorcycle accident. His passion for life, adventure and doing what you love are all things we can learn from the way he lived his life. He has touched countless lives and is greatly missed.
- Brother of Alpha Epsilon Omega in good standing
- Post Baccalaureate Full-time Student at an accredited University
- 3.0 Minimum G.P.A.
- Financial Need
- Completed Application Package (Submitted by June 31)
One time $500-$2,000 (based on availability and need)
- Armen Oganesyan – UNLV, MD
- Armen Oganesian joined Alpha Epsilon Omega in 2005 during his spring semester at California State University Northridgee, holding various leadership positions such as chapter Vice President, Senator, Pledge Master, Never Again Campaign Chairman, and Vice President of Education. Upon graduating in 2008, Armen was accepted to attend Touro University Nevada where he would pursue his medical education in 2009 to become a physician.
- Levon Kevorkian – UC Berkley, JD
- Sevak Ohanian, USC, Film
Please click here to start the application process
Alpha Epsilon Omega Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contribution is fully tax-deductible.